I know I haven't posted pictures of the master bedroom update yet, but here's a quick background. The carpet went from covered in someone else's dog's pee and mildew to nice plush carpet we like. The walls went from banged-up white to bachelor pad gray to a nice soft yellow/khaki color. We replaced hand-me-down (read: FREE, Thanks Melody!) wood furniture and no head board with a new black bedroom suite from Rooms-to-Go and added burgundy (we DON'T call it maroon) curtains/bed spread. Its been quite a year for this room. We have still yet to do any sort of 'decorating'- something I'm not particularly good at and/or fond of, and of course, we all know the arguments between Will and I involving home decor. I like colors and prints, he likes modern and abstract. I figured I could give up some on the decor if 1) I could make it myself and 2) it was CHEAP.
Then I had an idea. We both like the dry-mount technique for pictures. However, it can be rather expensive. (Quick, imagine a light bulb going off over my head.) I could somehow make my own dry-mount using foam board! Ding, ding, ding- we have a winner!